USB to Serial Drivers - PROLIFIC
Click on the link below to get software to find a your comports.
It found a Modem on Com 4
How to verify what Com Port you have on your computer.
Windows XP - Start/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/Ports (COM & LPT)
Windows 7 - Start/Control Panel/Device Manager/Ports (COM & LPT)
PROGRAMMING CABLE - USB PROLIFIC DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
Microsoft XP, Vista, 7 & 8
Prolific 220.127.116.11 is the recommended driver
Installing a new Windows Driver 18.104.22.168
Note, Win 7:
Windows 7 may try to update this driver in the future. If this occurs, turn off automatic updates.
1) Insert your USB Programming Cable.
2)Launch Device Manager.
[ Start | Control Panel | Select Device Manager ]
Select: Ports (COM & LPT)
If there is a yellow warning triangle under 'Ports' or 'Other Devices', you have an incompatible driver and need to continue.
If there is no yellow warning triangle, you have the correct driver
Installing the Proper New Prolific PL-2303 Drivers 22.214.171.124
System Requires 32 / 64 bit Windows Vista / 7...
1) Create a new work Folder on your PC.
3) Remove the USB programming cable from your PC.
4) Double-click the file that was saved into the work folder and follow the prompts until it is completely installed.
5) Plug the USB programming cable into the USB port of your PC.
You should see a balloon popup that says "Installing device driver software"
A few seconds later you will get a balloon popup that says
"Device driver software was not successfully installed"
6) Launch Device Manager.
[ Start | Computer | Control Panel | Device Manager ]
You will see one of the following errors in Device Manager.
In 'Other Devices' the 'USB-Serial Controller' is proceeded by a YELLOW warning.
In 'Ports (COM & LPT)' the 'Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COMx)' is proceeded by a YELLOW warning.
7) Right-click on the entry with the error to open a window and select
"Update driver software..."
8) At the first Update Driver Software prompt, select
"Browse my computer for driver software".
9) At the second Update Driver Software prompt, select
"Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
10) At the third Update Driver Software prompt, scroll down and select
"Ports (COM & LPT)".
11) At the fourth Update Driver Software prompt, select
"Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port Version: 126.96.36.199 [7/31/2007]".
You should get a prompt saying that the driver was installed successfully.
You should now see a properly installed Prolific driver in Device Manger.
You can check that the correct version by double-clicking on Prolific in device manager and selecting the Driver tab.
The driver version shown should be v188.8.131.52